Another morning, another tasty oatmeal dish.
I had a bunch of frozen organic mixed berries and have been wanting to use them up in something other than smoothies so I decided to make some baked oatmeal this morning.
I tossed together some ingredients, popped it in the oven and out came this tasty bubbly pan of oatmeal.
If you make this and it isn’t quite right please forgive me I was just kind of tossing things around so I may have used slightly more or less of each ingredient.
Also the Chia & Flax are totally optional but I love the crunchiness they give to the oatmeal. 😀
Baked Berry Oatmeal
3 T butter (melted)
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup of almond meal (left over from making almond flour)
1/8 cup truvia
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 T chia seeds
1 T flax seeds
2 cups milk
1 large egg
2 t vanilla
2 bananas (sliced thinly, this is a great time to use those really brown bananas)
1 10 oz bag frozen mixed berries
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
3. Mix all wet ingredients in a seperate bowl (don’t forget the butter that you melted in the microwave)
4. Line the bottom of your baking dish with your sliced bananas then pour a little over half the bag of berries on the bananas.
5. Pour dry mix in to the pan and and disperse it evenly
6. Pour the wet mix on top of the dry mix and make sure it soaks through.
7. Pour the last bit of berries along the top of the oatmeal mixture.
8. Bake for 35 minutes.
9. We drizzled honey on top of our oatmeal and it was very tasty.